Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Lone Ranger

In class read a story called The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. This story was about a Native American man who was very dissatisfied in his life, him and his girlfriend seem to have a love hate relationship, they argue all the time and he often takes walks to try to clear his mind. living in a place were racism was still very much alive he had to be careful where he wondered off to and how long he stayed. This story was good it kind of showed his battle with his self and the people around him. Of course being Native American he was from a reservation and everyone who lived on the reservation was expected to live there forever. When him and his girlfriend broke up he went back to the reservation where he felt even worse than before because him coming back pretty much proved his family right that he couldn't make outside of the reservation. The story kind of brought me to my own life and how i was the first person in my family to go to college, even though i n made it here i still have major anxiety that i wont make it where I want to be, but I have to be strong and do my best like he did in the story so that eventually I can end out on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment