Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Yellow Wallpaper

A little while ago my English class and I read a story called The Yellow Wallpaper. That story really pulled me in it is about a women who essentially feels trapped in her own house. Her husband is a physician and he diagnoses her disorder as temporary nervous depression. They decide to take a vacation in this old colonial mansion that she finds to be creepy from the beginning. I liked this story because in some way at some point everyone can relate to how the young women feels. I think she feels lonely and maybe if her husband and the rest of her family would have not allowed her to be alone all the time the outcome of the story would have been a lot different. In  books when the author decides to leave us guessing at the end I tend to make the end of the story very happy and probably the exact opposite of what everyone else is thinking. At the end of this story there wasn't really a lot of happy to work with but i would encourage people to read this story and create there own endings and then comment them on this blog post!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment