Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Struggle !

Well I'm a little behind on my blogs i guess i am a little off my game this semester. This is my first semester taking Anatomy and Physiology 205 and it is kicking my butt. I feel like i study for it all day and don't grasp the information. But my English class is going well this semester, in class we read this story called Hills Like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway. In this story Mr. Hemingway went with a very vague approach. When initially reading the story I had know idea what was going on, at many points in the story all it seemed like was a bunch of words slapped on paper. After reading the entire thing I went to class hoping that Mr. Sweeney would be able to clear this story up for me and of course he did. As he spoke about the piece we came to the conclusion that the author was comparing this young womens decision whether to have her baby or to abort it. On one side of the bar they were in there was hills dead land and dryness but on the other side there was life beautiful green grass and mountains, fresh air and beautiful scenery. Like in The Yellow Wallpaper the author of this story left the end to the imagination of the reader and again i made the end into one of the most beautiful situations it could have been made into. This was a good story once I understood the context. 

No comments:

Post a Comment